Saturday, March 24, 2012

one more thing,...

This piece of poetry was inspired from a chapter in my past. I was lucky that God gave me sense to get up and leave. Not everyone can do that. In the midst of a relationship with an addict I got lost for a moment, until I got a hold of a pen and paper and these words came out and gave me the strength I needed to leave.  I am posting it in hopes that if you need that same strength or courage my words may inspire you. 


My farewell

My heart has never felt such pain
Pain so great that I waited for my chest to explode 
Just so that it relieves itself, to cease functioning
So not to feel a second more of this great discomfort
But it still beats on

I know what I must do 
And it will be the hardest thing I have to do
But I have no choice
You left me no choice

You and me, once we were beautiful
We were why Shakespeare wrote sonnets
And why God made flowers so fragrant and fruit so sweet
But not anymore

You brought someone into our relationship
She sat there in the room, making herself comfortable
And I tried to ignore your mistress
She walked in my home, slept in my bed and took those long drives with you till dawn

She became your secret obsession
Replacing the flame that once burned so brightly between us
To one that you burned beneath her
Even when she wasn't with you, she was in you
You craved her the way I wanted you to crave me
You would miss her fragrance, her taste
Needing her more and more everyday

Now you lie with her and I all alone
I wonder; "Had I been that crackpipe, would our love still have grown?"

So in the ruins  that you made here for me
Battered, tattered and torn. Broke and all alone
I know that tomorrow I will once again stand tall
While you will be crouched on the floor looking for pieces of her
For a brief thrill only she can give 

As your lips kiss her lips, slowly pulling her in
Inhaling the seductress' poison
I can only hope one day you will wake from her spell
Realizing why and how you lost me
Oh hell baby
I just hope you get well

No comments:

Post a Comment