Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Breath


"If you've lost focus, just sit down and be still. Take the idea and rock it to and fro. Keep some of it and throw some away, and it will renew itself. You need do no more." - Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Oddly I am starting today's blog with a quote rather than just finish with one. I feel as though I am losing focus or rather losing focus of my muse. So much with finishing this book is coming into my head that it seems to be drowning out the sounds that I normally hear in my head when I get that quiet moment to just write. 

I have such plans or Raven and Jonah, it is as if I have traveled down these roads with them and am just retelling events that had already transpired. Yet, still when I come to write the words escape me and the fluidity of how they came about is almost forced. So like the quote I am going to take a small break from other responsibilities and re-adjust the flight plan so-to-say, and resume writing again after a small breather. 

Thank you for your support and understanding, while I go and filter out some of this noise. I am wondering however, how many other writers have moments like this. for certain I cannot be alone. I am also sure that after a good night's sleep and a quiet home (the kids have been home sick back to school tomorrow), I will be fresh and ready to click away at the keys.

Truth is the blog has helped me. It has kept me coming back to write, ponder and vent, these are good things. So until the next time, inhale exhale focus!   

No comments:

Post a Comment