Friday, September 23, 2011

Hectic week on the home front

Well as it turns out life is never that easy! Here I thought having the little one in school I would have more "me" time, turns out that was a fallacy! Once you are a parent the "me" days are behind you. 
I have been running around, getting supplies, alleviating fears and exorcising bad thoughts for a four year old. Not to mention contending with her asthma, which for some ungodly reason has chosen now to flare up! 

I am also up earlier which means I have to go to bed earlier, and this is causing my body to revolt. Do you know that a person can actually fall asleep if they are exhausted simply by sitting still?! Well I had no idea, I feel like I have narcolepsy. 

Meanwhile, I try to sneak off to write a few lines in my novel, and if I do that late at night i get lost in the story and begin to lose track of time. Which means I am going to bed at 3 or 4 am, only to have to wake up at 7:30am and the battle of being awake begins. Sheesh! I am exhausted just thinking about it. I know that eventually I will find my rhythm, I just wish it were now.

However, between the lack of sleep, a toddler having some anxiety about school (although she loves it there), a teen who is in the college preparation process and a husband who is being seriously neglected, I am trying to remain focus on my goal and not let this static non writing period of my blog or novel exist any longer. 

That being said, I am going to leave you now, but will return later today when I am more rested and taking a breath for myself. After all this is all the "me time" I am going to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment