Thursday, September 1, 2011

and so it goes...

I made a conscience decision to follow through with some poetry this week in my blog. After having a day of peace and tranquility with no kids and no husband (yeah), I was able to chat with many of my girlfriends and such. I was reflecting back on my VERY colorful past. Before I became the woman who; now worried about kids, schools, bills, landscaping, HOA and PTAs, I was a divorced single mom just entering my thirties. 

I had spent my twenties married to the wrong man for me for ten years, shortly after having my eldest I got out. Children have a knack of forcing you to do the right thing. Having my daughter watch me settle for what did not make me happy, but miserable was NOT the image of womanhood I wanted to give her. However, dating as a single mom became a balancing act. I didn't want her to meet men, and I had to figure out how to go out and explore the world, yet still find my own happiness at the same time. Fortunately for me I was able to do it and took my time before I remarried again, this time to the right guy for me.

Now don't get me wrong, remember I said it was a colorful past that I had led. There were a few frogs and trouble that laid in my path of self discovery. These men who came into my life helped shaped the poetry I am posting. My women friends also influenced my writings. The culmination of these experiences, whether they were mine or shared, gave me something more than the common tangible things to write about. 

This is one of those;

Dream
I don't know what to say,
What to feel or 
What to believe

Were you a dream
A miracle or merely
A figment of my imagination

I thought you were real
I felt you, I touched you
But most of all you touched me

I believed you were real
I kissed you, I tasted you
Hell, I breathed you in

Now, as quickly as you 
Appeared in my life
"POOF", you're gone

I want to hate you
Be angry at you
But I can't, 'cause
I am not even sure if you're real
or if you were ever here to begin with

I only hope wherever you are,
Whatever you are
That you are okay, 
that you are in God's hands
And that He is protecting you

I pray that soon
I will find you again, 
So I can know if you are real
Or only a dream I just woke from

I chose today's quote because we don't know where or when inspiration will inspire creativity!: “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will"-George Bernard Shaw

No comments:

Post a Comment