Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Poetry

For the love of words, I adore poetry! I love the staccato you can relay in words, the rhythmic flow of the syllables from one phrase to the next, the pattern that is created in your ears, as you listen to the sound that rolls off of your tongue. 

Words are a delicious gift for me! Thank you to all the authors, struggling writers, poets and dreamers with pen and paper (or type and paper) for the endless supply to help my insatiable quench for language, nuance and creativity. I only hope that I provide you with the same level of joy.

Earlier tonight someone sent me the link to their poetry, I was happy to receive the tweet, even happier to read his poetry. In return, I thought I would share a similar piece of my work. So here it goes. Enjoy!

Laughter, Tears, Pain, Love
I saw you the other day
You had a smile on your face
You didn't see me

I wanted to say hello
But I changed my mind
I remembered when I gave you that smile
I saw you this morning
You were laughing
You never noticed my face in the crowd

Once I had hoped I'd be laughing 
With you always
I thought back to the times we laughed together

I walked behind you yesterday
There was sorrowful look on your face
You never saw me

I could see you were pained
And oh how I wanted to comfort you so
As I had done times before

I sat across from you
I was just a faded memory now
You didn't notice me, or my tear-streaked face
As you had done so many times before

And I thought back to those yesteryears
And  this time I walked away


Tonight's poem was for the unrequited lot of the world. Remember Love can be unrequited with a person, a choice or even a career choice, rule is the same if it isn't working, leave! "Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book, just turn the page."-anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment