Thursday, August 4, 2011

Auto Correct and other challenges

Not that I am an avid text'er, but the feature of Auto-Correct has become the blight of my very existence in a tech savvy world.  There was a time when I was grateful for spell-check, this feature was an ego booster for me, without failure it let me know I knew how to spell. This Auto-Correct however, is second guessing me and my prolific grasp of the English language and then choosing words for me.

Not only is this bothersome, but it is becoming a nuisance and somewhat hazardous to my friendships. While attempting to send a simple abbreviated message, the Auto-Correct is propositioning people without my approval. I now either have to stop abbreviating or stop using Twitter (since it only allows for so many characters per tweet). Plus it is making for awkward discussions with my parents who think I am losing it (keep reading to see why).

In a world where we all find need to be in constant contact in some varied form of communication, you would think someone would have come up with an Auto-Correct that recognizes emoticons and abbreviations without changing the words from their original meaning.

While writing this I have come to realize I just need to shut off the feature as best I can, and remember when the phone resets I must immediately address this feature. Maybe next time I won't have to explain to my parents that I was not texting them that I went to buy my 3 year old daughter a testicle after finding a great deal on my titties!

At least I know I am NOT alone!

No quote tonight, just a translation: (what I did text before Auto Correct messed it up) "I went to buy my daughter a tricycle after finding a great deal on my TWITTER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment