Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm back!!

Hard to believe that the last time I posted anything other than a link, was two weeks ago! I have been lost my friends, lost without my writings, lost without my words, just L O S T! So much have happened since last I was here! To begin with I had my mother-in-law visiting. As sweet as the woman can be I was relieved when she finally headed home. Somehow, she managed to cause some friction in my relationship with my husband. Then my husband was out on strike! Some of you may think there is your free time, but hard to relax when you are worrying about every dime and praying that you don't need to go to the hospital because come the end of the month there is no more insurance! This only activated more stress, which only compounded my already rocky relationship with my MS, prepping me for an exacerbation, leaving me with little sight. If this wasn't enough, school is about to open and I am still waiting to hear if my youngest made the lottery to enter pre-k and I have to prepare my eldest for her final year!!

To make certain that life was just as frazzled as it can get, Mother Nature got in the act with giving the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic an earthquake! But wait! Hold on! There's More! We are now bracing ourselves for Hurricane Irene!

Now, needing solace and comfort, I reached out to what I love second most to my family, and that is here behind the Mac clicking away my fingers on a keyboard. Listening to each stroke of the key, like a note of a great music composition, delighted that the words that I hear in my head are appearing on the screen!! Yeah for writing! Yeah for Peace! Yeah for finding my way back after what seemed like one hundred years! Just Yeah! I'M BACK!

Gotta leave a quote, this time from a hero of mine; “There is nothing like returning to a place that reminds unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” Nelson Mandela

No comments:

Post a Comment