Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A window opens

The old saying is; for every door that closes, a window opens. This is a very optimistic way to look at the world, but also a very practical way if you think about it. People by nature always look for the opening when they feel trapped in or caught in a corner. Some will take misfortune and wallow in it, I will admit to knowing a few who have done just that. Then there are those of us who dream big and desire more; we are the ones who look for opportunity even when it seems impossible, we make the possible happen.

I have to admit that I am a dreamer, but I have tried my best to maintain practical applications in my life to achieve simple goals. This sometimes prevented me from taking risks when I felt going the safe way would be more prudent.

I am now approaching my 45th birthday and looking back at my life I see where I made left turns when I should have gone right, yet I am not regretful. The compilation of the various paths I took brought me here, to where I am today, finally doing what I love with passion.

As I finished another chapter in my manuscript all I could do was beam. Realizing that my travels, reading, and making friends with people across the globe has helped me with my characters, scenes and storyline. For a fiction novel there is a lot of truth in this book. 

Raven and Jonah (the leading characters in my novel) are going to enter a stage of metamorphosis, transcending them from simple kids into adults with a greater knowledge and life experiences. The concept excites me, because just as my characters will have time to grow, learn and reflect so will I, for I am forever evolving!

So tonight I am thankful for having the opportunity to have been home long enough to pursue my dream. This is the window that opened when I was unable to go through the door for a traditional job. This is my chance to soar!


Today's quote: "Risk more than others think is safe. Care more than others think is wise. Dream more than others think is practical. Expect more than others think is possible. "- Cadet Maxim  

No comments:

Post a Comment