Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Irene

Earlier this week we had an earthquake, then a Hurricane (not a tropical storm) is making a bee-line for the East Coast and Mid-Atlantic, aiming for major cities.  First I thought Mother Nature was just a little ticked off, then I noticed that Lucifer,..err I mean Dick Cheney has been in the area promoting his book. This is when it dawned on me that she actually was aiming straight for a target. Ok Ok,..I know that was mean, maybe true but still. I have been watching the greatest city in the world having to brace itself for the worst storm it has seen in a LONG time. My family is in the city, in Queens and Long Island, not to mention my friends are there also, so to alleviate any anxiety that we all may be suffering from, I wrote this little ditty. YouTube Video soon to follow! Keep safe everyone!

These lyrics are meant to be sung to the tune "Come on Eileen"


Come on Irene
Come on Irene

Poor old East Coast Bays
Sounded sad upon the media, you move millions of hearts solo
Some people cried and sang along and who'd blame them.
Now you've grown, so grown, now we must say more than ever.
Go Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
as we all just run for to shelters.

Come on Irene,
I swear (what we mean) At this moment you mean everything,
With you on a course my thoughts I confess verge on the danger
Ah come on Irene.

The people round here just had an earthquake
Now to be drenched in your wake they're so resigned to what their fate is,
Please not us, no not us we are far too broke already
Remember Toora Loora Toora Loo-Rye-Aye
Irene I'll hum this tune forever.

Come on Irene, I swear, what we mean
Ah come on don’t destroy everything,
That windy rain storm Irene (Tell us yes)
Ah don't come on, ah don't come on Irene, please.
 

Today's quote: "Expect the worst, hope for the best!" -Mel Brooks

1 comment:

  1. You know if you read this you can comment,...or on any of the posts! I appreciate commentary from the Peanut Gallery on my blog!

    ReplyDelete