Sunday, August 7, 2011

Burgeoning Maestro

There are few things that give me the feeling of being a Michelangelo, these would be writing and cooking. Both seem to hold the same affection in my soul. I see the two being equivalent since they are both based on creativity and I don't use a cookbook but depend on my own thoughts, efforts and energy.

I am fortunate that way, I know I cook well (see photo below). This meal was created when I ate the same thing at a restaurant and thought I can do this! So I did, remembering the flavors that had been on my palette, the look of the tuna that was seared. Picking greens that would wilt ever so. 

The only difference is that with my manuscript, the entirety came from my imagination. Hallowed Hills, its residents, but just as I remember the seasonings in a sauce; I pepper my character with those I have met throughout the years.

This is what gives me confidence, the same way I know people LOVE my cooking, I know they will love this story about Jonah and Raven.



Seared Tuna with Wasabi Dressing on Mescalin Salad






No comments:

Post a Comment