Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ahhh,...tranquility

I once heard that another author would find the time to write by waking up very early in the morning to spend some time writing out a few pages of her manuscript each day. Sounds great, but alas for me it isn't possible. My house begins buzzing at 5am; so no can do unless I wake up at 4am, and if any of you know me you know I am NOT a morning person. So here I am with the sounds of some jazz in my ears mixed in with the laundry and I begin to drift into my own world.

What is best about it is that this is a world that I created. Each character imparts a trait of those I have met in my travels in life, as well as myself. Perhaps it is why I am so vested in completing this journey. 

I look at my manuscript so far and sometimes I am astonished that these words and people (the characters) all came from my head and it all began with a moon, some music and a photo. Other times I beam proudly, just as I do when I see my children.


Inspiration can come from anything, you just have to slow down long enough to pay attention. 

So now, at 2:11am and I have knocked out another chapter. (clapping) and I take that as my cue to go to bed to wake up in a few hours to start my day again so that I may revisit my town, my characters and continue to take them on this adventure. 

Until then...goodnight to the interweb!


Quote:"Dream until your dreams come true!"

No comments:

Post a Comment