Sunday, July 17, 2011

GUILTY!

No, I am not referring to Casey Anthony, but me. Finally I am getting into "meat" of my manuscript, the touchstone of it all and when I am NOT writing I am thinking of it. The guilt is this, I feel as though I am abandoning my work. The twist; when I am entrenched in my work I feel guilty that I am ignoring and neglecting my family.
I don't know how other writers do it. Who would have thought my love of words would make me feel so torn! It is almost like choosing between your kids, an impossible feat for any sane loving parent. I know that eventually I will strike a balance.
In the meantime my little town of "Hallowed Hills" is beginning to have some excitement brewing. Raven and her friends are preparing to graduate high school. The friends will find themselves immersed in trouble soon enough while on vacation in Scotland while Jonah, well I can't tell you all of it. One I am still writing and 2 you will have to wait and BUY THE BOOK!
So tonight while you relax and enjoy another summer day remember I am still here. Dreaming up places, weaving words and dabbling in my own "magick". Soon enough it will be complete and then the arduous task of getting a publisher. Until then I will enjoy the ride of my characters and seeking balance.


Today's quote and mantra: "The calm and balanced mind is the strong and great mind; the hurried and agitated mind is the weak one."- Wallace D. Wattles

No comments:

Post a Comment