Monday, July 18, 2011

It was the best of times

it was the worst of times! I am quoting Dickens because the last 24hours have made this a memorable day. Not because the sun was out, nor was it for the Harry Potter IMAX Experience (I will tell you about that in a moment). No it is because I am going on 3 hours of sleep and frankly I left cranky (and annoyed) about 9 hours ago.
Remember how I told you I am slightly anal and that I love order and lists. Well I knew that we had tickets for Harry Potter for 2pm at IMAX! Wonderful right, time to chill and relax. To be able to get to the theater on time I know we have to get up early get the little one ready to go to the grandparents, makes sure the teen is ready when we are, and that the adults in the house are caffeinated. Decisions are made lists are drawn up. Then the phone rings! My neighbor is calling to ask if I had water coming from my faucets. I check and NADA! Go to the neighbor with control to the main and am told they have a leak. In one hour the water will be on. In the meantime, no water in the house. That means no bath-time, no showers, no bathroom what so ever! One hour becomes two, two becomes three and at three am I am still without water. Finally after complaining, calling emergency numbers etc water is back on. 
Morning comes and the water has sediment so we run it for a while, but due to no water last night all previous plans of showering the night before are scratched and we scramble to get going. Miracle we leave on time and get to the movie. Here we are told to wait in the handicap area since I am tired with the heat and lack of sleep my MS is acting up I am using my chair today. The three of us wait in the designated area for a long time; we are finally told we can enter. But wait, there is a catch! ONLY 1 person can come with me, the other has to wait on line. WHAT? You couldn't mention this when we got here and there was NO LINE? No exceptions the woman says so I go with my daughter. Now I have to wait, where another person tells me I can't reserve a seat for someone, the show is sold out and they need all my party present! WTF? You told me to leave my party OUTSIDE! Finally we are all together and all seated, the movie begins and the 3D that Hollywood is OBSESSED with is making me nauseous! Needless to say I saw the beginning, some of the middle and the end. 
Does the craziness end here? No I get home to get ready and rest where I wait for a friend to call who is in town so we can go out and catch up. I am still waiting for the call! 
I am going to bed and scratching this day off! It's over and I am still here! I knew I should have stayed home and just focused on my writing! 



My quote and mantra: "and this to shall pass" and "it is always darkest before the dawn"

No comments:

Post a Comment