Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Is there anyone out there?

Sometimes I wonder where in the vastness of the internet do these words and thoughts of mine go. Are they reaching anyone? Or do they drift like the space junk and just float around? You would think the lack of followers and comments would discourage me to keep up with a blog. Instead it's my manuscript that has so captivated me that I am grateful and happy to talk about it as well as my writing process. I suppose I am like a parent of a newborn child, I just delight in the story I am writing. I also hope that this encourages anyone who has a dream or inspiration of their own to take the initiative and follow through. Nothing ventured nothing gained. The gain so far for me are the words that flow from my mind through my finger tips across the keyboard onto a screen. It is gratifying in a way I cannot begin to explain.

Now remember a few days ago, I told you how I thought of looking into self-publishing? Well now I have my mailbox filled with solicitations from these companies to publish my book. Call me crazy, but I figure if I get nothing but rejections then and only then will I consider doing it myself. Fortunately, I have had good feedback from a few people (not related to me) that have read some chapters.

To keep this blog interesting comment and leave me questions! I appreciate the interaction. Ok, time to get back to the manuscript I hear it calling me!

Today's quote and mantra- “Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment: