Saturday, July 23, 2011

Focus

In this incredible heat wave I find it somewhat difficult to focus. I suppose I could excuse it by saying thinking about staying cool required all the focus I had. Who would have thought that NY could reach temperatures in the 100's for three consecutive days! Still now that I have adjusted to the warmth of keeping a house at 80 degrees, I find myself back in front of my Mac so that I can regroup and write again.

I will say this, finding my passion has made it easier to come back to "work" because this is a labor of love.  I am excited as I create the scenes and know where it is I want to take my characters. The process to get them there is the hard part because I already know the beginning and the end. I just hope when it is completed you all are just as excited to read it.

So find some comfort and some cool in this heat, while I will sip on some lemonade and type away more pages. One thing I know for certain, I will persevere and I will be proud of what I have accomplished, not matter what the weather. Okay, so that was two things I know!


Today's quote and mantra: "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."-Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment