Monday, July 11, 2011

Twas the best of times

Twas the worst of times! This begins a tale of two me's! I know that isn't a word but let's go with it shall we? To begin with I had little to no sleep last night! Why am I up now at 1:44am writing in my blog you wonder, because I made a commitment! By God I am going to hold onto this if it's the last thing I do!

Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of putting myself last on the list of things to do, which is probably why it has taken me so many years to sit and finally finish a story of these characters that have lived in my head for almost 2 decades. Being a wife and mother took precedent when I first started writing, then I got divorced and had to make a living and learn life as a single mom! Then I got diagnosed with MS so plans had to refocus again. Then new marriage and 2 a new baby at 41! Who knew my eggs were so fertile! Now she's not a baby, still a little one, but starting school in the fall so finally it's time for me! So here we are; you, me and my MacBookPro! Oh and this damn promise I made to myself! Not exactly a New Year's Resolution you can break on the 3rd of January, but a promise!

So back to the worst, no sleep, crankiness abounds! The saying "if Momma ain't happy ain't no one happy"; somehow I don't think my family got the memo! So after the morning rushing around we stop to look for a sneaker that my youngest insists that the fairies took(still haven't found it)! Needless to say things kept going wrong from there! As for the best; the weather was glorious and I was able to relax and breathe for a few minutes. Granted it wasn't until 11pm, still I got a break. So for now goodnight and tomorrow I may tell you about this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment