Monday, July 25, 2011

Obstacles

I was going to find an eloquent quote or some great prophetic thing to say, however I am healing from a minor MS exacerbation due to the heat. It sounds more dreadful than it actually is, although still not my shining moment. 

For those of you that do not know what MS is it is a disease that attacks the Central Nervous System; which means ANYTHING can go into hyper drive or no drive (if you know what I mean). I have had to deal with this monster  for the last ten years, and frankly I have gotten used to the pain, discomfort and random surprises that it may give me. One day I was able to run, walk and take a drive then "poof" it was gone. Sometimes I can see clearly, sometimes I go blind, (PS  it doesn't heighten my other  senses when I do). Still I go on; for my kids, my husband, my sister but mostly for myself.

I have never been the type of individual who accepted defeat or found that any obstacle was insurmountable. For me life is a like a book; some chapters are exciting and page turning, some make you pause and reflect. Then you have those chapters that make you hold your breath in anticipation for the outcome. Right now I am in the chapter where our heroine (me) has to prove herself and succeed. So I do.

I suppose this is why I write. It is also why in my blog, I talk about finding your passion, solace and keeping your spirit alive. You will never know when the universe will challenge you to prove yourself. Not to the world or others, but to yourself. 

Prepare to be amazed because you really don't know what you are made of until you are tested, at least that is what I learned.


I leave with these quotes, maybe they can sustain you when you are facing a challenge:
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty".-Sir Winston Churchill
"Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune, but great minds rise above them."-Washington Irving

No comments:

Post a Comment