Saturday, July 9, 2011

To self-publish or not to self-publish

Today that was the question. I am almost done and halfway through this process I became afraid and started asking myself, "What if it's not good enough?" "What if I am rejected from every possible publishing house?" In that fear I allowed myself to look at self publishing. Guess what? It costs a lot of $$$$ and in this economy with two kids and one and a half incomes, well let's just say crisis averted.

One good thing came out of it however, I realized that I was afraid and rather than focus on the what 'ifs' I am going to focus on the book at hand and just complete it and send it out to every publisher and literary agent. I know that it's well written (could use a proper edit I am sure) but really, I am proud of the characters I have developed. When I am ready, they will find a home and go on the road to becoming more than just a manuscript. Rather my manuscript will be a book in Barnes and Noble or Borders and will be downloaded on iPads and kindles, most of all, people will read what came out of my imagination.

Now like a young Natalie Wood once said in Miracle on 34th Street.."I believe,..I believe..!"

No comments:

Post a Comment