Tuesday, July 19, 2011

New day, new start

Ever wish you could hit a do-over button? You know, press re-set and start a day over, or perhaps go back to one time where you turned left when you should have gone right? Everyone has that moment in their life they wish that they could take back something they said or did and start over. Here is the good thing about life, each morning you get a fresh start, not exactly a do-over but still it is a new day with new challenges. Those things we wish we could take back, they formed who you are today as an individual. 
Those mistakes were lessons, created to teach us something about ourselves. When you miss the lesson, it is taught again (and sometimes again and again for the stubborn lot). Appreciate these times that life makes you pause and drink in your choices or situation. No matter how small or big the lesson is, learn from it. This is better than a do-over, because you enriched your soul with some knowledge and wisdom.
I know, you are asking, "But what does this have to do with you and writing?" Answer, this is my "do-over"! Years ago I had an opportunity to follow my dream and write, but I had such doubt as to whether it would be good enough, was I good enough. Lacking confidence I abandoned what I had wanted to do since age 14 only to come back some thirty years later and just following through.
I have the confidence, although there are days I ask myself "will this be good enough?". When those moments come I dive deeper into my manuscript, knowing that even if a publisher rejects it or I don't get a literary agent, it is good enough for me! Hell it is P E R F E C T!
Be inspired, live inspired, find purpose and find passion. Most of all live your life and savor each moment and each life lesson. Remember there may not be a do-over, but there is always a new dawn!

Today's quote and mantra: "Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience."- Victoria Holt 

1 comment:

  1. I truly admire your courage and honesty with your blog. I feel inspired by your words alone and I deeply enjoy your humorous and upbeat look at the path you have been given and the path you are now choosing to follow to its fullest extent. I congratulate and applaud you for your work and hope you find this path to be a happy and rejuvenating one for the soul. Thank you for being so open.

    ReplyDelete